renault megane idling prob

my renault megane sport alize 1.6 has an idling problem it ticks over ok (doesnt cut out) but runs as if missing and strong smell of petrol in engine compartment when engine running, you can drive it but shakes the drums out of your ears when stopped at junctions.

it has always shuddered a little bit for the year i have had it but now that bit has got a lot worse i am looking towards a possible leak at a gasket around the throttle housing but just asking you kind folk if any of you have had similar symptoms before i get my spanners out for easter

Reply to
colin & diane

More than likely a failed coil pack- v common on these 16v Renaults, well infact all the 16v renaults!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..