Renault with Volvo engine

Hi I have a Renault Safrane with a 5 cylinder 20 valve 2.5 Ltr Petrol Volvo engine in. It's an R` regged 1997 model and I need to locate the IAT or Inlet Air Temperature sensor. I am fitting a mod chip and would also like to know when I have bridged the to connectors whether to put the sensor back on.

Thanks for any help.

e_mail me direct if you like at

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Just remove the NOSPAM bit.

Thanks

Reply to
Sean

If these are the "mod chips" that they sell for ~=A35 on ebay, I'd really n= ot=20 bother wasting your time.

They have virtually no effect, and will probably just waste fuel.

The actual cost of the "mod chip" is about 2 pence. It's a resistor.

Pete.

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith

The message from Pete Smith contains these words:

The ones that go across the temperature sender and tell the engine it's colder than it really is so it runs rich? Massively stupid idea - ups the fuel consumption, shags the engine and provides little or no measureable gain.

Reply to
Guy King