Right hand dip - clear lens?

I have a Zafira, which has clear headlight lenses. I need to convert to right hand dip for a (1 day) trip abroad. What are the options - converter lens, replacement bulbs, hidden switch/adjustment?

Thanks

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

Do you really need to convert? There's always the not bothering option.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The message from "Douglas Payne" contains these words:

Very antisocial, though.

Reply to
Guy King

...and on one recent Eurotunnel trip, the French police were pulling over eveyone without obvious beam converters and making them fix it before proceeding. Never seen a French registered car this side of the channel that's been converted however...

BTW, if you use anything sticky to do the job and you have plastic headlamps, *don't* try carb cleaner to remove the residue! Cost of my stupidity - 100UKP.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Your car will not be roadworthy in the country you are visiting. Say, for example, you visit France for the day, as you come of the ferry the local police wait outside the terminals and nab the peeps without headlamp converters.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I had this issue with our Zafira. Went to Vauxhall dealer (Davy Vauxhall in Basingstoke) who photocopied a page from their technical services bulletin giving the dimensions and location to mask on the lamps. I also bought the masking kit from them, and they were about 50p dearer than Halfords.

I left the plan in the service book went the car went back off lease or I'd offer to let you have it.

Reply to
Doctor D

That could be awkward on my car - with projector beam headlights. they adjust by pysically moving the lense (there's a switch behind the headlight for doing this). I suppose I could just open the bonnet and demonstrate to the frog copper.....

Reply to
Doug

Thanks for the replies all, especially this one - there's no way I'm going without sorting out the headlights. I must admit I hadn't thought that masking would do the trick, just like with old style lenses. Thinking about it now, it seems bl**ding obvious!

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

The message from "Biggles" contains these words:

All the best ideas are - in hindsight.

Reply to
Guy King