rover 214/45 head gasket

Can anybody tell me if the rover 45 has the same head gasket fail rate as the earlier 214/414. Ive heard the 45 has a different engine. Thanks

Reply to
Elizabeth Stubbs

Basically no. Rover did make some improvements in head design and gasket design in 2001, but at the rate we're seeing 1.8 freelander HG's fail it doesnt look like it made an awful lot of difference :(

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

There was something on watchdog not long ago about the new K series engines still failing. I had a P reg 214. Headgasket No 1 @ 24,000 miles, Gakset No 2, 36,000 miles. I no longer have the car...