Rover 414 mirrors

Does anyone know if the 214 door mirrors can be fitted to the 414 ?

I've just had my electric mirror knocked off for me.

414 sli (92)

Cheers, Ian

Reply to
NorthernBloke

NorthernBloke ( snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

'92 is an Origami 414 - the 214 was the same forward of at least the B, probably the C pillars, so definitely. Given it's an SLi, though, you'll want to check the ones you get are electric if yours are.

Reply to
Adrian

many thanks. I know i can get my hands on a 214 mirror. The 414 seems harder to track down.

cant believe the speed of this response.

Cheers, Ian

Reply to
NorthernBloke

As it is an R8 414 you'll find it shares the part number, assuming that it isn't one of the later ones with the seperate painted back can that 'clicked' into a drilled mirror case.

Just check that it is a lever or electric actuation, in line with your original car and make sure its not from the Rover 200 'Tomcat' coupe - these had different mirror bases to cope with the frameless windows.

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

I also found that quite a number of parts are shared with the "bubble"

200 as well. The central locking motors for example, which fail frequently.
Reply to
Chris Bolus