Corolla mirror

The passenger side electric mirror was knocked off my Mother in Laws 2005 Corolla CE. Does anyone know if the door panel has to be removed to replace the mirror? It looks like the wiring harness goes into the door and plugs into the harness somewhere were I can't see. On my Honda the plug is right at the corner of the door where the mirror bolts onto the door but this Corolla looks like the door panel may have to be removed. Appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.

Reply to
Don R

I can't tell for sure without looking at it, but if there is a black plastic triangle on the inside of the door where the mirror mounts, you should be able to pop the black plastic triangle off to access the mounting bolts and connector.

Reply to
Ray O

I've replaced some Camry side mirrors. They are rather easy but for one of them I had to pull the door panel off to get access to the connector.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Don R

I have bought three mirrors on ebay. Never mind why so many but they almost always come in black. The last one had a distorted mirror and the connector didn't match but I modified it to work.

Reply to
badgolferman

You might get lucky and be able to tug gently on the wires to reach the connector. If there is not slack in the wires, then you have to remove the inner door panel to get at the connector.

Reply to
Ray O