Rover 416 Cam Belt

I had a BX that managed about 180,000 miles and a ZX that managed about

165,000. I've heard of cars based on the PSA XUD managing >450,000 miles so, yes, I think that Citroens do last that long.
Reply to
deadmail

To be fair, anyone who runs a car to 100k miles *without* a cambelt change deserves the bill for a trashed head, no matter what the manufacturers say.

Extended intervals such as that are only published to keep fleet operators happy. Note the Alfa fiasco regarding TSpark belt change intervals.

Reply to
SteveH

It's pretty rare for that to happen with one of these, unless you consider something like a new exhaust or clutch reasons worth scrapping an otherwise perfectly good car for.

Had you to have the rear calipers unseized yet? ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "platypus" saying something like:

Ah; wonderful Frog design.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's where it is on the DS...

Although the engine is Woptalian...

Besides, the camchain isn't at the back of the engine - the SM/Merak v6 is

3/4 of an Alfieri-desgined Maserati v8 - the camchains would have been in the middle of each bank on the v8, but are 2/3 of the way down on the v6.

Cutaway :-

Flywheel end :-
Non-Flywheel end :-

Adrian

You could just wait till it falls out.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Well, if the back of the belt is perished, I'd have thought you could extrapolate that the front of the belt is too ;-)

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy