Rover 416i fan thermoswitch location?

Rover 416i 1995 DOHC. Colleague here at work asked about his cooling fan being on permanently even when cold, but I can't seem to find the thermo-switch which switches the relay. It's normally located on the Rad somewhere but I can't see the damn thing. Anyone know where it is located please? Also, is the associated fan relay in the 'fuse box' at the rear of the engine bay on these? Cheers for any help.

JB

Reply to
JB

Not sure about the 416 but on the 420 its on the thermostat housing along with the temp sender.

Reply to
Conor

I thank ewe.

JB

Reply to
JB

If its on a MEMS system then IIRC its controlled via the Engine ECU.

Regards, Graham

Graham

Oh shit! Glad it's not my motor then. Mind you, I'll still try to sort it for him. And people wonder why I drive an E34.....

JB

Reply to
JB

If it's the K series engine there won't be a switch.

There is a temp. sensor on the coolant elbow ..top right hand corner of cylinder head. The sensor is coloured brown.

The ECU controls the fan based on the temp. reading from this sensor. If the sensor or it's wiring is open circuit the ECU will run the fan constantly as a fail safe measure.

Reply to
alan collins

Many thanks to all.

Cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

I don't think it will do - a 1995 will have a D-series (Honda) engine, won't it? Mine certainly has, anyway...

I'll try and remember to look in my Haynes at the weekend...

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Ruth

No, this one's got a DOHC Rover lump in it. This also caught out the motor factor parts guy the other day. It's a crossover year apparently. thanks anyway, JB

Reply to
JB