1991 1.4 Mitsubishi lancer auto H reg

you can hear metal scrappin as so its the passnger side not to the rear but at the front. you hear it when going around a right hand bend like a round bout or junction and hear it when going over speed bumps every now and again. there are mud flaps on the car but they are not metal

wot could it b? some1 send the wheel bearing? but it only had an mot in aug2004

help please! heather

Reply to
heather james

I'm no mechanic, but I have been through enough wheel bearings to say it would be the first suspect.

My car was MOT'd three weeks ago, and now I am beginning to hear the rumblings of a bearing on its last legs...

Thinking about it, conceivably could be a track rod end, ball joint or possibly even a CV joint.

That said wait and see what the pro's say!

Tom

Also...

Tom Burton

The message from "heather james" contains these words:

I've had a bearing go on a three week old Corsa - they don't obligingly wait till just before the next MOT to fail, you know.

I'd suggest it's the bearing allowing the pads to scrape on the disc.

Reply to
Guy King

When it had an MOT is completely irrelevent. An MOT is a safety check that only guarantees the condition of that car ON THAT DAY and only for the items tested.

Could be worn brake pads. I get the feeling that you've never serviced it?

Reply to
Conor

Reply to
heather james

Quite probably but what you were told and what has been done may not necessarily be the same thing.

Reply to
Conor

I'd agree with that diagnosis. Mike.

Reply to