Rover 420 misfiring when cold

I have a '97 Rover 420 GSi. It is misfiring a bit when cold, but seems OK (although I'm sure there's room for improvement!) once it's warmed up.

I've changed the plugs but that has made no difference.

What's the best thing to do next? I'm thinking replace rotor arm, distributor cap and HT leads and see what happens...?

Reply to
Andrew

Good plan to begin with. If the parts are original they're definately past their sell by date. Try and get decent Bosch replacements- they needn't cost the earth- if you go to Lucas (LSUK now) or simialr, and not halfrauds.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.