Rover BRM

How come Rover BRM's don't sell on eBay (and probably elsewhere)? I'd have thought with less than 800 built they would be snapped up. I was surprised at the number for sale on eBay!

Surely a future classic if there ever was one.

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

What classic? ... a Rover 200 with a dodgy colour scheme and interior styling? It's just like any other special edition to 95% of Joe Public so unless somebody had a particular liking for one then it wouldn't be snapped up would it?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Well, it could be a two-seater sportscar with a turbine engine - but there was only ever one of those, and I haven't spotted it on eBay.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Strangely, that was what I thought of, too.

Reply to
Adrian

I just thought the "limited edition" factor would make them desirable. I know there are lots of limited editions out there, but this one seems to stand out more than most to me. I think they're a great looking car.

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul

Ebay prices would suggest most folk think of it as a boring car with a hideous lump of garish plastic glued to the front. Perfectly vile!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Okay. But to many they look, well, like "WTF did that Muppet paint an orange funky thing on his Old Mans' Car?" heh.

Reply to
DervMan

The message from "Tim Downie" contains these words:

I've just googled for it. Grief, that's ugly!

Reply to
Guy King

Looks like someones gone mad with lipstick doesn't it.

Reply to
Malc

I always wondered who they sold those to and how. Limited editions are a pain in the ass. Low volume "classics" like Ford Cossies with only about 15,000 made are lying in garages awaiting bits that will never come (well not until one more gets broken up). Very low volume under 1000 are an even bigger pain in the ass. Asking prices for one of the 500 odd Audi Sport Quattro coupes reflect that they cost a fortune in bits. Sooner or later you have to make repairs or restoration to some of those "special" bits, then you find they charge a lot more for those desirable bits or they become discontinued first and you have to revert to basic spec and lower than basic value or pay a lot for one off copies.

Classic what? Like an Allegro? A car that proves classic is a worthless term applied to any old POS over a few years old and past it's best crushed by date.

Peter Hill

: The message : from "Tim Downie" contains these words: : : > Ebay prices would suggest most folk think of it as a boring car with a : > hideous lump of garish plastic glued to the front. Perfectly vile! : : I've just googled for it. Grief, that's ugly!

Have you seen the inside?

Presumably the receptionist sits in the back and tells you what girls are available...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Pimp my Rover?

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

The message from "Paul Hubbard" contains these words:

More like Pimp /in/ my Rover.

Reply to
Guy King

Can anyone point me to some proper pics of this?

Alas, all the ones I've found seem be of cars attacked by a nutter with a can of red spray paint.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Inside as well!

Reply to
PC Paul

I was thinking of replacing my 220 when these came out the price was somethin like 18k rarther put me off

Reply to
powerstation