Saab 93 brake query

The other day I parked next to a Saab 93 and noticed the nearside disks were completely rusted. (It had expensive-looking alloys with 5 narrow spokes, so it was obvious.) Looking at the offside, the disks were all polished as usual. Are Saab brake circuits split L-R rather than diagonally? And is there no feedback to the driver if one side fails? Just curious.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

More likely it'd been parked up for a little while, and the weather had been on that side...

Reply to
Adrian

I'm with Adrian. Depending on the wind and rain, one side of my 9-3's brakes can rust up overnight, the other side doesn't.

Reply to
DervMan

Fair enough - but I'm amazed it would rust the way I saw in a few hours (short-stay car park). Thanks for your response, Dave

Reply to
Dave

It isn't proper rust, just a little on the surface. Some disc brakes will have a covering of rust inside twenty minutes.

Reply to
DervMan