Vauxhall Vivara / Renault Trafic

My brother has one of these vans - after going through a lot of water the van won't fully start anymore. It starts up runs and then powers off immediately--(dodgy ECU now?)

Anyone any ideas / experience of this?

Reply to
David Wood

David Wood ( snipped-for-privacy@bluefrog.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My money's on it having sucked water up, hydraulic locked and bent valves or rods.

Reply to
Adrian

I dunno, if it's sucked up water resulting in hydraulic lock, then I seriously doubt that it'd even turn over. Could be that there's some sort of failsafe system on these latest modern fandangled engines that prevents hydraulic lock from happening as a result of going swimming?

Reply to
AstraVanMan