406 central locking problem

When I lock my 4 yr old 406 HDI 90, the locks sound as if they are locking but immediately they unlock again. The dashboard display shows that no doors are open.

I think the problem is in the front passenger door or the boot.

If I play with the locks on these two, then the car will start locking OK again.

Of course, since the key loses the sync with the car after a few attempts, I cannot keep trying this until the car does decide to lock!

Can anyone shed any light on the problem.

Thanks.

Reply to
ML

Try some wd40 down the internal lock buttons also try some into the drivers/passenger/boot external lock cases. This cures a sticking lock.

Its a common problem with central locking. Nobody uses a key anymore!

Reply to
me