scenic 1.9 dti limp mode why?

i have a 2000 scenic 1.9 dti

when starting and idling everything is fine but when i start to drive 300 yds plus and the turbo starts to go the car dies and wont go over 3000 revs at this point the management light and glow heater lights up

has anybody had this problem if so whats wrong?

snapon code reader shows fault 65 this means maf / map sensor and also states possible mechanical

3 options so i changed the airflow sensor for a known good one also changed the injector with the wires

any help appreciated thanx dom

Reply to
dombandit

I eventually traced a very similar fault on a diesel vectra: on that it was a leak in the vacuum circuit which operates the turbo wastegate and swirl chamber valve. I do not know if your vehicle is similar (in the vacuum operation dept.) If it is then it is worth a look, I found it by hooking up a vacuum gauge in the circuit, with the car running there should be plenty of vacuum, there wasn't, it was then a case of blanking off bits till the vacuum was restored, then replacing the faulty bit.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

Sounds a bit like a split turbo hose to me

Reply to
leo

going to look into the turbo pipes tomorrow morning

today i removed the airflow meter to clean it

oops dont bother far to fragile the wire strips just fall off when touched

thats another £100 down the drain

Reply to
dombandit

Only way to attempt cleaning a MAF is with aerosol carb cleaner and afew squirts.

It's 50% effective. If no better or you break it, was no harm done in trying.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

thanx m8 your right cant brake a broken airflow meter

i feel a bit happier now

factors let me down delivering the meter they say itll be tomorrow now i removed all air pipes to the intercooler and airfilter checked them thourily for splits and they wer good just have to wait for the new airflow meter that we will find out if it was that

Reply to
dombandit

same fault when i fitted the flow meter so i rechecked the cambelt timing and found pump waz 1 tooth advanced

refitted the belt and its all running sweet

fault rectified thanx everyone

Reply to
dombandit

Strange you didn't mention the head and belt replacement, it might have helped with diagnosis.

Reply to
Mrcheerful