scratched paintwork

Hi

Just got a new car a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a scratch on it at the weekend, though not through to the metal it can be clearly seen, it looks like some bugger had been leaning against it and the stud on their jeans had been rubbing on the paintwork.

I know I could use a touch in stick but that can be just as easily seen as the scratch, the car is metalic silver.

Hope someone can help thanks in advance.

Bruce

Reply to
LORRAINE DUNCAN

The message from "LORRAINE DUNCAN" contains these words:

So...what's the question?

Reply to
Guy King

Polish. Autoglym Super Resin Polish has worked well for me in the past. T-cut also gets recommended fairly often. If it's particularly bad Farecla G3 and G10 can be handy, but you need to get them from an auto factors and they're a harder to use but quicker.

Reply to
Doki

The biggest secret which people ignore when it comes to using Farecla 'G' series is reading the instructions YOU MUST USE WATER!!!!! I swear by the stuff - you can't miss it - bright yellow tubes.

Also I bit scarey if its a new car but locally spray the manufactures paint in the scratched area, leave it for a few days then T-cut the area (thats what I'm doing with my car at the moment)

Reply to
dave F