Service intervals

My Nissan Terrano has short (6000 miles) service intervals. Now that it is no longer under warranty I am wondering whether it would be possible go

10000 miles between servicing. Is this really likely to damage it?
Reply to
Stanislav

I presume it's diesel? The main thing you have to do is to change the oil and oil filter and I wouldn't advocate nearly doubling the recommended service period. You might get away with it but oil is fairly cheap so why bother. Screwfix will sell you a gallon of reasonable oil for about 8 squid and an oil filter's only about a fiver or so. The rest of the servicing is often mainly inspection judging by the owners service books for the last two cars I've owned.

Reply to
malc

If it is the 2.7 unit then it is fairly essential to change the oil every

6000 miles due to the amount of soot contamination. However, if you are a high milage driver with many long journies then 10,000 miles should be OK as long as you use a truck oil meeting API CH4 or ACEA E3.

Huw

Reply to
Huw