Seven seaters

What's around in seven seater estates. Not MPVs or minibuses, but things like the Montego Countryman estate and the Renault Savannah or the Pug

505 estate.

Diesel, of course, and not new...something up to £3000.

Reply to
Guy King

those, and some Merc E class and Volvo V70 / 850 / 740.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

VW Passats

HTH

Reply to
C H

"C H" mumbled:

Oooh, I didn't know that. That's tempting.

Reply to
Guy King

"C H" mumbled:

I assume it's not all of 'em. Is there a model variant name for 'em. Of the 150ish I found in the web not one mentioned 7 seats.

Reply to
Guy King

dunno what the variant name is .... I've seen two :) 95/97 shape

Reply to
C H
1990 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT 1.8 GL 5dr Estate 7 SEATS. Rare VW 7 seat option (removable) Documented history, 2 owners, PS, CL, EHM, White. VGC inside and out. 145000 miles. £1050 .

there's an older one from the autotrader......

Reply to
C H

"C H" mumbled:

Hmmm, looks like it's that nasty petrol stuff, but thanks.

Reply to
Guy King

"Alec" mumbled:

Wowfabgroovy! Just what I wanted, you are a genius.

Reply to
Guy King

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) mumbled:

Quite a number of cars have been designed with this in mind...so presumably they're reasonably safe. The options are a minibus (ever seen one of them tail ended?) or an MPV, which again aren't particularly safe in a tail ender but have the added drawback of high CofG with the attendant stability problems.

Apart from that the answer is cost and neccessity. It's certainly far better than jamming them all in the back with no seatbelts. Life is made of compromises and hard choices, we all get to make them within the law and according to our own feelings and judgements.

Reply to
Guy King

Heh. A spate of kids pulling faces at the following drivers looms.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And kids are replaceable.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon mumbled:

Not so easily now I've had the snip. Yet another thing to be glad of the neighbours for.

Reply to
Guy King

What, they performed the operation? :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"AstraVanMan" mumbled:

No, but I could probably persuade the wife to get a little man in if needed.

Reply to
Guy King

?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I was going to ask why you'd excluded the Espace. I've driven a couple of early (F and H plate) Espaces, and they're pretty good actually. Much more comfortable for everyone inside, if you need all those seats, IMO safer, and excellent visibility so less vomit.

£3,000 would probably get a good early diesel, around an L-plate. FSH is a must, though, and make sure the steering rack and heater are working correctly. The rack especially is an unpleasant POS to replace, apparently.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick