Sharan 2006 Front Pad Warnibg light

First question does the "check brake pads" message on the "computer screen"mean front pads or all pads? No other light is on viz in main speedo area and is not shown all the time.

I have had one wheel off and nearly the pads out (seems like a fair bit of lining still to go and no warning wire exposed yet) but was stumped by the wire connection from the pad to the connector behind the calliper. Is it a twist off like say a bulb?Half turn to release or is it a pull off thing. I couldnt budge it and loath to start using force for fear of making it un-connectable. Tks for any info.

Reply to
Tim

More often than not it relates to front pads...

Check connectors first...

Sorry, do not know about your model, pop in to Halfords and ask to look at replacement pads for your car, it should give you some idea...

Reply to
GArlington