Citroen ZX TD Aura heating not working and rad fan cuts in too early

My 14 yr old Citroen TD (65k miles on clock) has 2 problems:

  1. Heating in cabin stopped working a few months back (though fan works)
  2. Radiator fan now cuts in after only a few miles and keeps running for several minutes after I stop (though dial indicates low temperature, no overheating).

Any ideas for diagnosing and fixing would be gratefully received. I assume they are two separate problems. 2nd one I guess could be a simple thermostat replacement - if so where is it? (save me buying the manual...)

Many thanks in advance, Reg

Reply to
reg.gough

have you checked the coolant level? if it has been low on coolant has the system been bled after/during refilling?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes, it probably will!! Which is why I suggested it!! On many cars the first sign of low coolant is lack of cabin heat, and the clue about the fan staying on. However, it may need more than one top up as air finds its way out, some vehicles may need the air physically bled from the system, these will usually have bleed valves at strategic points. Some vehicles benefit from undoing the water cap when hot to let air through.

and your email address is broken for receiving.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful