Sierra rear discs.

I've obtained some new Sierra Cosworth rear callipers for a conversion job on another car. Bought some pads off Ebay.

Should there shim(s) behind the pad(s)?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If memory serves me right, yes.

They're the same as Mk3 Granada calipers, y'know.

Reply to
Pete M

I'd guess the only difference between them and standard Sierra ones is they're for vented discs.

Huge very kindly sent me a scan of the Ford manual which covers changing the pads and callipers, but no sign of shims in the beautifully drawn diagrams. Or mention of them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)