mk4 golf non ac rad change

Hi,

I seem to have a tiny leak, which doesn't leak often or need me topping it up often, but no doubt it will be a risk leaving it and open up dead in winter!

It looks straight forward from haynes.

Just wondering if theres any o rings or seals anywhere that will need replacing ? or anything else.

Plan is to remove front bumper/grill, discon fan, (drain coolant, remove hoses) unbolt and replace ?

Hopefully its that simple ?

just wondering if I need anything like o rings etc before I get started, as the dealer is a loooong way away.

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

IIRC these have the push in radiator fittings which can be quite awkward to clean up and re-insert. I expect they do use O-rings, so some new ones would be a very good idea.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Job done you was absolutely right. I got them from the dealer before hand. The mk4 golf has a handy little tap I connected a hose to drain the coolant.

2 hours all in to change it. A few worn bushes holding it so I'll replace those soon aswell. Bumper comes off in 5 minutes and not a long job but one worth doing.

I wish it was not a bumper off job but vw make everything a pain in the backside lol. The rear axle bushes were a bundle off fun not to mention the window regulator problem I had.

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges