SLK stereo removal

I have a 03 SLK and im trying to swap the stereo for a new more up to date one, however im struggling to remove the old stereo and my local merc garage want =A3116 labour to fit the new stereo. I did borrow a set of keys to try and remove the old stereo but even with the keys fully inserted the stereo didnt release ?? Anyone any ideas how I can remove the stereo

thanks

Reply to
mike_hobson

(mike snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yeh, half an hour sounds about right as a minimum...

Reply to
Adrian

Park it in South London. It will be removed quickly and expertly.

Reply to
Hooch