405 Hunter Stereo Removal

Hi,

I'm stuck away from my Haynes manuals and attempting to replace the factory fitted stereo in my 405 Hunter estate - L reg. The stumbling block is getting the old stereo out. By prising off the buttons at either end (obvious prising holes) of the stereo fashia I reveal two vertical slots, and I've tried making extraction tools out of bent wire but to no avail. Anybody here managed to remove such a stereo? I have a suspicion from google searches that there may be a bolt at the back - could that be my problem?

Thanks in anticipation!

Ben

Reply to
Ben Panter

There is a plastic panel running across the top of the stereo. Prise this off and you will see 2 holes. Snap a normal U shaped removal tool in 2 and stick them in until it clicks. I stick my fingers in the cassette hole and pull, or you can remove the tunnel trim and push.

Reply to
yeha

My newserver seems to have lost the reply to this post - but thank you to yeha - Installed the new cdplayer at the weekend and it is great!

Cheers,

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Panter