stereo ripped off- need new console?

Since my stereo was ripped off I tried to get another put in but the tech said I needed a new "console", as I guess there is now nothing to secure the player to- I did a web search for "console" but came up empty- can anyone help me with this- I have a 2002 Forester

Reply to
ktjoe

In the case of my WRX, I put an after-market stereo in there, and it would not fit by default. A plastic 'sleeve' needed to be inserted before the aftermarket unit could be secured in place.

Not sure if that's what the tech is talking about. It almost sounds like your faceplate was stolen, and your tech is trying to tell you that you need an entire new stereo, rather than just the faceplate.

Why don't you just contact the tech again, and clarify exactly what the tech meant by 'console', and why you need a new one?

Reply to
BD