Sold a car that's not what it should be / possible suspension trouble - rights?

Blimey. Font of all knowledge. From photos of genuine Harlequins, the grille should match the wings. It doesn't. And it's a year too old to be a harlequin. And VW say it isn't one. Wrong bumper too. Right spoiler though. I reckon someone's tried to make a Harlequin replica. Wrong wheels too.

And a CL badge on the tailgate...

Reply to
Doki

You've got them bang to rights then. Let us know what they say.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

The truth is I've always quite fancied one (I have a habit of collecting odd and rare VWs)

Reply to
Depresion

God. You see cars dressed up to look like something they're not all the time at the auction - but who in the hell wanted to do this!?!

Anyway, look, I sincerely doubt she's paid much more for this alleged special edition over a standard Polo of the same age; indeed, at the age of the car, I doubt she paid much at all.

If it's got mechanical problems the dealer should rectify them, but unless she paid a stupid amount of money on top because it's a 'special edition' that's about all you can hope for.

Also, she should get an eye test.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Well. She paid £2k. That's certainly well into the "Stupid" band of prices for an 11 year old Polo in my book.

Reply to
Doki

Cough. Splutter.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Doki ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's your inheritance, that is.

Reply to
Adrian

Tell me, tell me you get your brains from the other side of the family.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Gresham 2000 you cheeky monkey! :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Gresham is a kind of duck, you numpty. It's Grecian 2000.

Anyway, why buy that muck when a no.1 works just as well ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

'Women, know your limits!'

Reply to
SteveH

Why are you bothered about this? because from the sounds of it you really don't like your mun.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Why are you so bothered about my mum?

Reply to
Doki

Wasn't even a case of letting her go on her own. I just got a phone call after it was bought... She still seems quite keen on keeping it. It doesn't even look like the red paint's been sanded before it's been sprayed, so the paint's going to come off in big lumps when it gets stonechipped. When she picked it up, I went to look at it - "It's got 4 new tyres! Why on earth didn't the dealer mention that?" - because it's got 4 old tyres and tyre black on them. And someone's touched up the alloys with a completely different colour of silver from one of those nail varnish bottles...

Reply to
Doki

Price is down the bottom of the therad. December 95, 80k, VW history to 50 or so, everything else rather suspisciously missing...

Reply to
Doki

Ok... come on then - age, miles, price.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Doki ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I hate to say this - but do an advanced search on AutoTrader.

VW Polo. Over 10yo only. Trade only. National. There's a *shit*load of N & P-reg 1.4CLs at £2k and over. £4k seems to be about the highest...

139 cars. 96 over a grand. 20 over two grand.
Reply to
Adrian

And there's even more at a lot less. I wouldn't mind it being so stupidly expensive if it was a) a proper harlequin and b) mint.

Reply to
Doki

A good son would have went with his mum to view this POS and steered her away to something decent, especially if this good son says he has a passing intrest in cars.

Reply to
ThePunisher

and as he said he didnt know that she was going to buy it....

Reply to
aussie bongo