Wax alloy wheels?

Is it a good idea to wax alloy wheels using ordinary car wax to protect them from corrosion? Is it necessary to buy the stuff specifically for use on alloys?

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Richard Blackwood

Car wax works on them. I suspect alloy wax might be a bit tougher, but I wouldn't bet on it. Powder coating rather than painting works even better. As does hosing off brake dust before it gets a chance to destroy the paint.

Reply to
Doki

Modern Alloy wheels are painted, so any wax will do the job.

***
Reply to
M Cuthill