Spraying technique etc.

Sorry if this sounds obvious to some...

When spraying part of a panel, should you mask off and spray right up to the masked off bit? This leaves a bit of a line when you remove the masked off bit....

Or should I leave a larger area unmasked and just spray in the middle of the masked area (i.e. the bit that needs doing)?

Does this work? Will the paint blend in better this way if I just T- cut it later?

Reply to
paulfoel

So don't do it...

Maybe. You could fold the tape back on itself to avoid the hard edge.

Maybe. It all depends. What panel, how big the damage is, how good the paint is, how well you prepare, and how well you paint it will have big influence. Generally, I wouldn't do it. Use Chipsaway or similar. Home spraying is best kept to removeable bits like mirrors IME.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The latter avoids the hard edge , but I'd be surprised if you get an invisible repair just doing it at home.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg