startup car hire business - insurance

Hi,

I am thinking of the possiblility of starting up a small car hire business. Just an idea just now as there is a gap in the market in my area, busy tourist area.

Does anyone know what the insurance for hire cars would be like approx? I have had a look online but not come across general pricing without applying for quote for established company, etc.

Looking for rough costs of say clio/corsa for hire insurance.

Thanks

Reply to
Craig

hire insurance is both a nightmare and very expensive, no one will give you an online quote. rough idea of a start figure of a thousand per car per year.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Try talking to one of the franchises e.g. Practical as there's a lot of stuff you want to know.

Reply to
Duncanwood

You want to start a business - Probably best you get off here and do a lot more research.

Reply to
ts86

depends on how many vehicles you are running at any one time. will you be purchasing your own vehicles or sub-hiring?

usual insurance variables apply: fully comp or third party? excess amount? driver ages? area?

Reply to
screamin

he *is* researching.

Reply to
mo

In a *maintenance* newsgroup? It doesn't bode well if he can't figure out the right group to post to.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

thanks, i have sent for information from a few franchises

Reply to
Craig

Hi,

I was just looking for general information. I couldnt find any prices online, so I was looking or a rough idea.

I didnt know of a relevant group specific to this topic so I thought that there might be people in here, that work on cars that might have some ideas.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Reply to
Craig

In news:43b6c562@212.67.96.135, Craig wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Try RoelSol in Chester, they do car hire insewerance.

Reply to
Pete M