steering wobble

I have a Rover 420 sdi low milage 53000 and have a minor steering wheel wobble at low speed, anyone have any idea what problem would be ? thanks for any help

Reply to
fixer

wheel balance possibly

Ivor

Reply to
ivor.brookes

Or possibly a bad tyre. I narrowed down the same problem to one wheel by swapping them all about, then took the suspect wheel to quik-fit and asked them to check it. They put it on the wheel balance machine and you could see the centre line on the tread making an S shape as it spun. The wheel rim was true. Something to do with the carcase they said, a new tyre sorted it anyway.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray