Stolen motorhome

Got some more info today. Insurance company are acting rather odd.

They arranged for it to be taken into safe storage, before repair.

And now seem to be asking questions like they think it some sort of fraud.

They asked for pics of both keys. One of which is with the company who removed it for storage. Asked for details of how it was paid for new. WTF has that got to do with anything?

I've also seen pics of the damage done. Broken 1/4 light in the front door. Steering lock and cover. £500 max?

It seems they got it started by accessing the diagnostic port. Words fail me. But it is a Fiat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

they are probably trying to establish that it was in good order before the alleged theft, otherwise someone might buy a damaged vehicle at auction , insure it and a while later make a fraudulent claim that the vehicle has been stolen and recovered in order to get it all put right under a claim.

Reply to
MrCheerful

It's only a few weeks old and mint. Now as then, apart from the damage done during the theft. And all the registration details correct.

I could understand all the questions if a claim for a total loss. But not for just a repair costing a few hundred.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Insurance fraud is big business, they are right to be cautious, just as long as they pay genuine claims then there is not a problem with their questions, which are probably standard and computer generated these days.

Reply to
MrCheerful

It's one of the most common ways of stealing many vehicles made in the last 10 or so years.

BMW have a massive issue with it. You can even buy OBD-II locking devices.

Reply to
Steve H