Stopping a Rear Crankshaft Oil seal leak.

Hi all, Are there any reliable additives that might slow or stop a rear crankshaft oil seal leak?

Its on an old Cf 1979 Bedford deisel van, and its more of a slow drip than a leak.

I am gonna sell than van soon and even a tiny drip can freak punters out.

Regards Alan

Reply to
alan dav

Wynn's Oil Stop leak/seal conditioner should do what you want. It works in the short-term, and while there is only one proper cure, I can well understand why you don't want to do that!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Nope.

Alot of people buying this type and age of vehicle tend to be suspicious about clean engines.

Reply to
Conor

This allways works.

Undo the sump plug, Place a bucket underneath for about 1 hour, Re-fit sump plug.

Hey presto, no more leaks !!!

Slim.

Reply to
Slim

Forgot to say.

I have allways found Forte products to be good, but I have never tried the oil leak one.

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim