Mondeo leaky sump/front crankshaft oil seal

My Mondeo has a leaky sump gasket and possibly the front crankshaft oil seal - I can see oil definitely seeping along the gasket, but also a thin thread coming down from behing the crank pulley.

I know I need to get it fixed, but since that apparently involves taking everything except the rear hatch off the car I thought I'd make it struggle along a bit longer first. It's a very very slow drip - enough to be annoying but only half a dipstick worth every thousand miles or so.

Is there any epoxy type stuff I can plaster on to stop the seep getting any further while I wait to get it sorted properly? I know machine mart do a putty stuff for patchiung holes in oil or petrol containers, but I guess that may not be rated for the heat or vibration of an engine.

I know it's a bodge, but I have other things that need the money (quoted £80+parts) right now, over a tiny oil leak!

Reply to
PC Paul