Subaru Legacy 1994 2.0GL Automatic

I am getting "grumbling" noises as I turn corners. My garage tells me I have a worn viscous coupling which needs rebuilding/refurbishing. They want to charge me c£1250 for carrying out the repair. This seems very expensive. Does anyone know what a fair price would be?

Thank you

Reply to
ntl-news

I would test the coupling first. Jack up one wheel and turn it by hand to see if you can reproduce the noise.

John

Reply to
John Manders