Suddenly dropped water

Parking my Rover 220 outside sainsburys I noticed a load of water dropping out - there was a trail of water about 200yards long! Got the car towed back home. But now cannot find out what caused it! I refilled the system - left it running for ages - went on a 20mile round trip - and no sign of any problems. I suppose I should count my blessings but on the other hand I cannot rely on it. Any thoughts as to what could have caused this? GTS

Reply to
GTS

Assuming it is coolant (rather than plain water or washer fluid) was the system overfull before the incident? does the cooling fan run? either can cause a car to throw out water when it gets really hot.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Turned out to be a leak from the main hose into the expansion tank. I tightened it up and now all is well. I did replace the A/F mix in May, and I know it has a 'seeking' quality, but suprising it leaked several months later... GTS

Reply to
GTS

Good. but check that there isn't a crack in the pipe (part of the expansion tank) I have seen several cracked tanks in the last couple of years.

Reply to
Mrcheerful