Teed Off - Failed MOT at Renault!

A bit sweeping. PSA aren't that bad, but Renault really are!

But Renault dealers really do try and take the proverbial!

Yeah. Most other makes tend to gradually fall apart at varying rates Japanese tend to totally implode once they reach a certain age!

Reply to
moray

Have you ever MoT'd a car before? Always get the problems sorted first before an MoT, a cracked license plate in any place is a fail. You can usually ask to take the car away and bring back within a week and they won't charge you or they might charge a reduced price.

Reply to
History

As long as you can get up and adjust it, its not a fail. Most bog standard vans have wing mirrors that can only be adjusted by getting up out of your seat. Even my car I can't adjust it without leaning across. Its not a fail.

Reply to
History

are wrong there re wing mirrors:-

Its a pass with the wing mirror, ball joint will fail just get that done its not covered under warranty as its wear and tear.

Reply to
History

WRONG. Let it fail the MOT and then fix what it fails on. Saves you wasting shitloads of money ficing stupid things which aren't even testable items.

Reply to
Conor

Every garage I've used has done this. I ask for a service & MOT and think they might get the car in good condition by servicing it first then putting it through an MOT. But they have always MOTd first (presumably to find out what was required during service) then fixed/serviced then retested (or whatever they do as it's always been the same people servicing and MOTing). I've always though it was to reduce the number of times the car goes on and off a ramp and the management involved in that in a busy dealership. ISTBC of course.

Reply to
Zathras

What if the mirror is only held in place by a hair band?

Reply to
Mark Hewitt