That's... different...

My mother's just had to have a new fuel tank in her 306 estate...

because the old one was eaten by a mouse.

No, seriously. £500 bill for new tank, filler neck, piping, fitted.

Reply to
Adrian

I assume it was a plastic tank? How which bit did it eat?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Bloody petrolheads...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

we've had a few come through the workshop where the mice have eaten the plug leads, wiring looms or made nests in the filter housings.

Reply to
reg

Brian Reay ( snipped-for-privacy@website.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Chinese whispers with somebody really not technical, but it/they ate the filler neck and pipework where it goes into the tank.

Apparently the mechanics assumed something had been chafing - but couldn't figure out what - then looked closer, and found the chafing had toothmarks. Much hilarity and disbelief in the workshop ensued.

Yes, I'm wondering about wiring, too...

Reply to
Adrian

Some years ago I took an elderly lady's Renault 5 for its MOT, and the tester lifted up the back seat to check the seat belts and they had been nibbled by mice. It failed, natch.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Hmm. I wonder if more environmentally friendly plastics make these things more attractive to the extreme omnivores of the wee beastie world?

Reply to
PC Paul

Well given they quite like live wires & rat poison I think they just like anything they can wear their teeth on.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Remember that story a while back concerning the rough running Rover which had the filter box filled to the brim with peanuts donated by a not so friendly squirrel?

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

On our caravan site they eat flexible gas pipes if they can get to them. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Just had an evil thought about taking incendery bullet pot shots at gas filled Squirrels and watching the subsequent Hindenburg explosion. :o)))

One way of getting shot of the little buggers in a most entertaining way.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

On 27-Feb-06 21:11:07, Adrian said

Hard cheese old man. ;)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

Eeeugh, potentially v. nasty.

My kids have three gerbils, closely related rodents. We can watch them chew their way through almost anything - any plastic toy is chewed to bits sooner or later, they've now eaten lumps out of the exercise wheel, they eat through wood or rope, the rubber suckers used to attach things to the glass tank... they even delight in chewing their metal ladder, though at least they have not, as yet, got any further than the paint!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

An aquaintance had problems convincing the insurance company that a cow=20 had eaten the spoiler on his quattro....

DaveB

Reply to
Dave