These wipers any good ?

I saw these on ebay and wondered if they are a gimmick or decent ?

Be interested if anyone knows, I'm coming up to my anual reknew wipers date :) I bought some bosch ones last year and they were not that great compared to the year before where I used champion blades. The one above has more pressure points aparantly and wipes like a miracle.

Reply to
Matt

They are rubbish. Just wasted 20 quid on a set. Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

Dogs bollocks!

Nope. Mental adaptor kit (which broke in 2 when I tried to fit one blade), and left more unwiped patches than even the cheapest 2.99 blades that I've tried.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Al.

Reply to
Al

I was looking at some in Halfords and also Motorman in Bristol a couple of months ago. To replaces just the front wipers on my 406 would have cost something like £30. I went to Motaquip and paid £12 for 2 wiper blades and a rear bulb.

Reply to
Malc

They work better on the wife's 156 than OEM blades.

I tried them because they're standard on the Passat.

I'd have them again - but I can't find any to fit my 75.

Reply to
SteveH

I've tried loads over the years and settled on Champion as long lasting, judder free good wipers, but there's a new contender......Tescos own brand ones they're selling at the moment in a blue packet. £3 for 2 any size. I've only used them for a few weeks so far but they're looking very good. Previous ones they sold in a yellow packet weren't any good at all even brand new.

Reply to
Steve B

I'm getting mixed feelings on these blades whereever I ask. Some swear by them some curse them.

Reply to
Matt

Interesting will have a look when I'm in Tescos but I starting to think I'll get the champion ones as they was pretty decent when I had them sometime back. Its not so much the cost of wipers I just want some decent ones to last around 11/12 months and I'd be happy. I'm one of those annoying wiper people who shoot a little screenwash then wipe and if it leaves a streak so small you can't see I do it again :) probably over use them I guess :-p

Reply to
Matt

Are they 'Tescos' or 'AutoCare' ? I tried Tescos AutoCare universal wiper blades a few times (in a greyish blue packet) and they were absolute crap. Either straight away from brand new there would be lines across the screen or within a day or two were missing areas on the screen. But at around £3 a pop could afford to replace them every couple of weeks, false economy I know.

Might give them a go again if they've improved them or got a new supplier, I contacted Tesco to tell them how bad the AutoCare ones were - perhaps they took notice?

Incidentally I had new wipers fitted at a service a fortnight ago, Bosch ones. Brilliant new, already starting to leave lines across the screen! Best brand I've found are Valeo, had some fitted to a car 2 years ago and they're still like new.

Reply to
JJ

No, they're not Autocare (agreed, they're crap). Their new ones are much better, but I would say Champion are better still but cost 4 times as much. I found the same as you with Bosch, fantastic for 3 weeks then the rubber is highly deformed and leaves massive streaks..

Reply to
Steve B