tips on fitting a pattern part bumper

I have a new pattern part bumper to fit tommorow and was wondering how tricky it w ill be to fit.

The place I bought it said they don't always fit as easily as a OEM part, and need some manipulation and a bang and a bend here and there to fit flush.

Not ideal, does anyone have any tips for fitting suck a part ?

Reply to
James

I would help to know what make the vehicle bumper is for, this would be more likely to generate help from someone who has had personal experience in fitting bumper/s to that particular vehicle.

However my experience in fitting non OEM bumpers is they are not as straightforward and can be very fiddly to fit.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

The non-OEM ones I fitted to my Golf went straight on. That said, the panel gaps around the bumpers of a big bumper MK2 golf are in a different world to the gaps on a modern car.

Reply to
Doki

Pattern bumpers seem to have a habit of bending in more than they should at the ends at least some of the plastic ones do, it's defiantly easier to fit them with a friend and if they are GRP rather than ABS you need to be even more gentle with persuasion.

Reply to
Depresion

That sucks!

Reply to
Mark W

Its for a MK4 golf 2002

Reply to
James

On what? The Space Shuttle?

Reply to
Chinese Cracker

yawn

Reply to
James

Is it just the plastic skin? It shouldn't be too hard to do unless the part is really bad. Two people will make the job quicker and simpler as you can get both sides on properly together. Not all pattern bumpers have the correct holes drilled so you may need to have a drill handy with a am or so bit, other than that the plastic will be less brittle in the warm weather so it's better to do it now than when it's freezing (it doesn't make a huge difference).

Reply to
Depresion

Thanks for the info here, I'll be giving it ago tommorow weather permitting. Hopefully I can get it to line up nicely. I'll have a friend helping me which will be a great help.

Thanks

Reply to
James