Tool shop

Perhaps slightly off topic...

We are coming to the UK at the end of the February to finish work for the soundproofing booth at the end of the production line (where you test the engine, brakes, abs...) in the Aston Martin factory in St. Athan.

I have never been to the UK before, so can you recommend a shop that sells electric tools, drill bits, thread taps and similar, as, even I try to bring all that we need with us, something is always missing, and I have to buy locally. Work is almost done last year, we are just coming for a week to finish assembling ventilation system, and some other minor details.

Reply to
Yvan

There is a list here,

Screwfix and Toolstation have many stores for instant pickup of the common stuff, and on-line catalogues.

For more technical requirements,

have a store in Cardiff (7 miles)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Nedavno Adrian Caspersz napisa:

Great, thanks.

Reply to
Yvan

There is a screwfix in Barry, which saves going into Cardiff.

It's on the Barry 'low road' to Cardiff (A4055), near the Dow Corning site.

From the airport, head for Barry along the top road (Port road), past PW Millar the Texaco/Ford dealer and once you have passed the cemetary turning, turn right at the next roundabout and then follow the Barry links road (A4321) until you reach the roundabout junction with the A4055, then turn right and head back towards Barry for short way. It's just before the Texaco filling station.

There is also a Tool hire shop in Broad Street Barry called RAN if you need a ladder or something.

Aston Martins share price has plunged since they floated on the stock market, and they have gone bust more times than they have made a profit, so I hope your invoices get paid :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Nedavno Andrew napisa:

Thank you for the info.

We do not work directly for Aston Martin, we work for Durr, german company, so I hope all goes well. :-)

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno Andrew napisa:

Ventilation has to exit through the factory roof, so we might need scissor lifts or similar. Do we go to RAN you mentioned?

Reply to
Yvan

Will you be finished by March 29th?

:-)

(All the good advice you need has already been posted, you should find the locals pretty friendly. Probably more Poles and Italians than Bosnians).

Reply to
newshound

I have never used them, that place used to be a general builders merchant for many years when I lived there.

Google street view shows lots of ladders and scaffolding towers in front of their building. and this is their web site :-

Andrew

I don't know Cardiff specifically, but there are some national tool hire companies and access platforms are a common thing they do:

Theo

Reply to
Theo

RAN tool hire, Barry have a mini-electric powered platform, but it might not be tall enough for their needs.

Reply to
Andrew

In article , Yvan scribeth thus

Machine mart are quite good for automotive things and most mechanical gear!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Good range of reasonable to good quality stock, customer service if you have a problem can be variable.

Reply to
newshound

Nedavno Andrew napisa:

OP here. Aston Martin delayed our visit, so we are coming to St. Athan next week. I have another question. Some parts delivered to the factory were schratched during transport, and we have to fix that. Is there any local paint shop that can match the color to the color of the part that is damaged (RAL 9010)?

Reply to
Yvan