tow poles

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a tow pole "just in case"; hopefully I'll never need it.

It's not clear whether the draper models can be used if you have one vertical and one horizontal towing eye; does anyone know?

The Sealey models say they can be using with mixed-direction towing eyes, so I am looking at those. The TPK252 model seems to have lots of clips and chains to connect whereas the TPK253 seems much simpler, only having two shackles. I thought the Sealey 253 might be easier to use. I've looked at the Autoexpress review and it says the opposite!

Has anyone used the 253 and how awkward is it, or what are your opinions on any other make not mentioned here?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Stephen

They're all right in an emergency, but you need to be wary of corners etc. The fiddleness is far more related to the cars in question than the pole.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks for the reply. What is it about corners that is a problem? Regarding fiddliness were you referring to a particular type of pole or are they all as fiddly as each other? TIA.

Reply to
Stephen

They're all as fiddly as each other. They tend to have a limited angle before they touch the bodywork so fine on the road but you need to be wary turning into drives etc.

Reply to
Duncan Wood