Brake Pad Low Indicator Rover 75

The Brake Pad Low Indicator light has come on on my newly-acquired R75 (53-reg, 1.8 turbo). I have no idea though whether this relates to the front or rear brake pads. Is the only way to tell via a physical inspection or is there a clue contained in the layout of the warning icon? TIA

Reply to
Bill

probably the front, but inspection is so minimal a job as to be the way forward.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Visual inspection, I'd say. Normally two sets front to one back. Which doesn't help much if you've just acquired the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)