Toyota Corolla 2002 1.4?

Hi,

What is the general opinion about the 1.4 engine on the 2002 (and newer if I am lucky :-)) Corolla? Is it as underpowered as (for example) on the Focus? Are high-milers best avoided? Any known troublespots for the 5d hatchback? Does this car take forward the Toyota reputation?

I am looking for a *reliable* car for the wife; urban and suburban short trips with the kids at the back and about 8,000 miles a year is what it's destined for.

Thanks in advance,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Not quite Corolla, but you get the general idea.....

Lin Chung

Thanks Lin. I am pretty cautious about projecting the results of one class of cars to another, but Toyota's reliability is well advertised.

I should not be surprised that noone has suggested any shortcomings of the Corolla, I guess.

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis