Transit diesel water drain.

How do I unclip the sensor to drain the water trap on my fuel filter? It's a 2.5 litre, N reg diesel. The manual just says unclip but not how to do so.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

the multi plug is held on with a metal spring clip, you need to push the spring clip so the plug unclips

Reply to
reg

Ta. Just in time before dark.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

That seems to have done the trick. Now I just need to get rid of the stink of fuel.

I can't see how I am going to enjoy fiddling with this thing. It seems to require a degree in contortionism.

Got any picture sites on how to do stuff to Transits anyone? I couldn't find an Haynes Manual.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Old transits were easy to work on. You want to try a new one!

Doubt it for a transit. Just ask what you want to know, as I've got plenty experience of working on them.

Reply to
moray

Dodgy TIS manual on ebay.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ditto. I found it rather fiddly to do but eventually found what you had to press for it to come off. So, got the connector off and unscrewed the drain tap, and... nothing! No water, fuel, anything came out. Does this indicate I have some sort of problem? I just screwed it back up and put the connector back on and ignored it.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

From memory, I don't think TIS covered the old transits, as TIS came about roughly the same time as the transit 2k. It certainly never covered Escort Vans, and they were made upto 2001.

Reply to
moray

That usually means it is blocked with crud

Reply to
MrCheerful

And this is removed how?

Reply to