Wheel bearing?

I have a 2002 Rav4 and just noticed the other day that when I turn the steering wheel to the right, towards the full lock, and go at a slow speed (sub 10mph) there is a "strange" noise coming from what appears to be one of the wheels. This is where it gets difficult...the noise sounds like something is rubbing on the tread, with a sort of "buzz"/"rub" sound until I speed up or straighten the wheel.

It doesn't do it when I turn the wheel in towards the left by the same amount. I could be going slightly mad (in which case, be gentle with me), but did wonder what it could be (can't see anything rubbing) and wondered if it could be a wheel bearing.

It has just passed its MOT with no problems and had a 60K service at the dealers (although they did change the front break pads).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Greg

It's more likely to be a cv joint, check for grease leaks/ there's still actually some in there.

Reply to
Duncan Wood