1999 MK4 Ford Fiesta

Hi! I have had to replace the passenger side wing mirror on my 99 Ford Fiesta. I have bought a brand new wing mirror and have tried to fit it myself. I have removed the inside cover and can see the four screws which secure the wing mirror to the door. However, I can't figure out how to get at the bottom two screws as they are a few millimetres underneath the door trim. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Reply to
j.mcroberts1

Take the door trim off?

It's usually a combination of screws, clips (use a flat bladed screwdriver to ease them out) and pingfuckits (use a torch and a magnet...)

Reply to
PC Paul

its a stupid idea, but you have to take the panel off.

Reply to
reg

Thanks for responding. I have undone all the screws that I can see on the door panel. It is loose at the bottom but the top of the panel is still firmly attached to the door. I believe that the panel is also attached by clips. Any idea where these clips are located?

Reply to
j.mcroberts1

have you taken all the screws out of the grab handle ?

Reply to
reg

The panels often hook over the top and down into the window slot - is it just a case of lifting it upwards?

Places my Mazda had fixings (the only one I've done recently enough to remember...):

- grab handle (several screws)

- hooked over the top

- behind the courtesy light built into the panel (another screw)

- under the bin/ashtray/pocket thing at the bottom

- clips all the way round

- electric window switch box (on spring clips, just levered out)

- internal door lock handle surround (another screw)

- door locking knob (unscrews from the shaft)

If there are any clips still holding they will be near the edge all the way round the panel.

Reply to
PC Paul