TR8 / SD1 diff

Dear Listers,

My 3,08:1 diff on my 80 TR8 is rather tired. As those cars and diffs are seldom found in Europe I would like to swap it for a 3,08:1 diff from a 3500 SD1 Rover.

Doen anyone know if it is a straight swap, or is it just the crown/pinion that is the same?

Thanks Huib

69 Vitesse 80 TR8
Reply to
8gees

I'm pretty certain they are the same. However, if you go to the Rimmer Bros site you could compare part numbers.

Dave Plowman