Twin SU Carburettors

They had to be off that lovely old Rover 2000TC. I learnt to drive in one of them and a Rover 90. My dear old Dad had that Rover 2000TC for 21 years. The engine was fine after a gazzilion miles, shame about the body rot. Was a bit embarrasing jacking it up one day to change a wheel - - the jacking point broke away. That was in 1992. Failed it's MOT just after that 'cos it was a bit toooooooo rusty. Needed both sills replacing front to back and some (serious) work on the suspension. Very advanced car for its day, still looks good now. No market for it in '92, eventually went for scrap. Real shame that. Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Don't look any bigger than the pair that was on my 2L 910 Bluebird coupe.

Peter Hill

The jacking points would often give way long before serious rot set in. They were a weak point. I never used them on my 3500S just in case. A difficult job to sort properly, I'm told.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are correct. Never seen a 99 or a 900 with SUs, always Strombergs. Can't speak for 95s and 96s.

Reply to
Grunff

Oh this old Rover (KEY 300G) had *serious* rot. Both sills were in very poor condition indeed. Cosmetically they looked fine but there was only paint holding certain bits together !!! Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Nay - my two litre had twin HS6's, but yea, the manifold is wrong.

Reply to
James Dore

bit late i know but think they belong to a dolly sprint

Reply to
albion