Twisty trailer!

item.

Can't say I fancy it much - it appears to be articulated in the middle which'd make it a bastard to reverse - and the capacity doesn't appear to justify the complexity.

Reply to
Guy King

Please tell me you're being sarcastic!

You do know that's 2 trailers in the picture......... don't you?

Reply to
SimonJ

The message from "SimonJ" contains these words:

On closer inspection - I do now! Not terribly clear, is it?

Reply to
Guy King

Nah, it's a modular system, you just add more as the need arises. The limit is reached when you can't go right round a roundabout without using more than one lane.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The message from Willy Eckerslyke contains these words:

Dunno - it'd depend where the attachment on the preceeding trailer was. With care you should be able to make them do a really nice road-train act and follow along nicely.

Reply to
Guy King

There was a type of trailer used in depots when I was in the army, which was a four-wheel trailer, both axles pivoted and a rod just like a track rod ran from front left wheel to rear right wheel. This meant a depot tractor could tow several trailers and all would follow the same wheel tracks without cutting corners. Interesting to watch it threading through piles of pallets.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

It doesn't matter how much care you take. If your train's 300m long, you're going to get stuck trying to go more than 360 degrees round a roundabout with a 200m circumference.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The message from "shazzbat" contains these words:

That'd depend on having each draw-bar attached to the axle so it could initiate the whole thing, wouldn't it? Not that that's a problem.

Reply to
Guy King

Why would you go all the way round and past where you entered?

Reply to
mrcheerful

To check whether you had too many trailers on, of course - do try to keep up!

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Usually because of crap road signs (not that I make a habit of it!), but I like Ian's answer better.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The message from Willy Eckerslyke contains these words:

It's better than reversing round the roundabout 'cos you've missed an exit. Like I saw someone doing at the South Mimms roundabout on the M25 not long ago in heavy traffic. That was seriously scary.

I've also seen people reversing up the Hangar Lane underpass and round the gyratory system, too.

Reply to
Guy King