Peugeot 106 not starting

Hi,

I have a 2001 Peugeot 106 1.1. Every morning it struggles to start! Starts after 4 or 5 goes though but only after it resets the clock to 1:00 on the dash! Any ideas what could be wrong, new plugs is my first guess.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks/Regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Noden

The clock thing points to a bad connection or a very bad battery.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Either the battery, or check the main earth leads. I had one recently where the main earth from the engine to the body had corroded, and was only attached by a few strands of wire.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

My 2000 Punto did exactly as you describe. I kept on starting it with crossed fingers. One morning about 4 days later he wouldn't start at all :( A new battery fitted, not had the same clock reset trick/not starting happen since :)

Nicola

Reply to
Nicky

Right i'll change the battery this weekend then. It only happends on cold morning though. I presume this sounds like battery trouble?

Thanks,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Noden

battery capacity drops very sharply with low temperature, so yes, battery problems usually surface in cold weather.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Yep, my Punto did only do it when it was cold. Any other time it started just fine. A new battery should sort you out :)

Nicola

Reply to
Nicky

I've put a new battery on it now, all is fine!

Thanks very much for all the replies.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Noden